Oct 4, 2011

He alone is my refuge

This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. (Psalm 91: 2, 14)

  I am reading the Bible with chronological order. This psalm is Moses'. I completed reading Deuteronomy, and I could see Moses' last day in the world. In his life, he led the Israelite from the Egypt to Canaan, where the God had promised with Israelite's ancestor Abraham. He was a great prophet. He knew the God face to face. However, he should wander in wilderness in his all life, and he couldn't enter the promised land finally. He died while seeing land of Canaan.

  I believe this psalm is Moses' true confession in his life. Although he couldn't enter the prosper land, he confessed that the God is alone refuge to those who love the God. At the last time of his life, it was Moses' confession. What will be my confession in my life?

No comments: