Sep 12, 2011

Baby's name - Ayin Crystal Koo

  After baby's birth, Jeongeun and her mother stayed at a hospital room and I returned home. It was a exciting and happy day because I met my baby first time. Then, I had a very important mission, which was deciding my baby's name.

  Gunjae and Jeongeun had considered baby's name since about 4-months of pregnancy when we knew the baby was a girl. It was not a easy mission because my surname 'Koo' is not good for girl's name. Its sound is somewhat strong and rigid. It is not well-matched with girl's give names. We had tried to make a good name for our baby, and there were almost more than twenty candidates of names. Naturally, selecting one name was also a difficult problem. But, it was time to decide despite of difficulty. In USA, baby's name have to be determined because baby's birth should be registered right after the birth.

  Therefore, when returning home, I decided my daughter's name - "Ayin Crystal Koo". Korean name is '구아인'.

  'Ayin' means an eye in Hebrew. Also, I searched it contains meanings of 'God's eye', 'source of spring water' and 'salvation'. I referred middle name 'Crystal' from a sentence in the Bible -"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb" in the Book of Revelation 21:1.

  I wish Ayin will be a person who can reveal the Gospel of Jesus Christ who is the way, the truth and the life. That is a life as a source of blessing from God. That is a life sharing water of life. I wish Ayin will be a person as her name.

Ayin Crystal Koo (1 day after birth)

No comments: